Information for foreign Ph.D applicants
Please note: The Institute for Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law is only responsible for the acceptance as a doctoral student of Prof. Hobe. For this you need to fulfill the requirements stated below.
The Institute for Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law is not responsible for academic admission and cannot give any advice on the procedure. For questions and enquiries about this please contact:
For assistance concerning financing your study, visa and accommodation please also refer to:
or contact the Center for International Relations of the Faculty of Law:
Formal requirements for an acceptance letter at the Institute for Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law (needed for the application for academic admission as a Ph.D- Student):
- Foreign law degree (esp.: LL.M.) or other academic degree relating to legal matters, equivalent to a German law degree
- Letter of recommendation by a professor of the home university
- Full transcript of academic records in English or German
- Letter of motivation indicating the special interest of the applicant in the preferred topic
- Detailed exposé of the preferred topic for your thesis
- Please note that the thesis and the oral disputation should generally be in German, but may be written/ held in English if the topic is of special academic interest
Please abstain from enquires unless you have priory provided us with the documents listed above.
Please note that the fulfillment of the formal requirements stated above do not legally entitle the applicant to be accepted as a Ph.D- student by the Institue of Air and Space Law, and that the final decision about acceptance as a Ph.D- student lies within the responsibility of the Dean of the Faculty of Law.